Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Academy Is…

Well… I love The Academy Is… band (the name include the suspension points :) ).
This band was born on 2003 in Chicago, Illinois. The members was William Beckett (Bill), Michael Carden (Mike), Adam Siska (sisky business), Michael Guy Chislett and Adam Mrotek (The Butcher). I say “was” because since a couple of days the band announced the separation of two of the members: The Butcher and Michael, which is very sad to me, because I used to listen them music and new songs, it was my hobby.
Ok. They have 5 Cd´s: The Academy Is EP (2004), Almost here (2005), From the Carpet (2006), Santi (2007), Fast Times at Barrington High (2008) and Lost in a Pacific Time (2009), but the Cd´s I love are Santi and Fast Times at Barrington High.
They came to Chile the last 2009, and I could not go because my parents did not allow me and I can understand, but if I think this situation now… is really sad because this band now does not exist like I loved it and I won’t see the complete band ever. It will be as if they never existed… I do not think the situation is so terrible now, but in the moment, when I knew this, was horrible. A friend was really bad when she told me, now she get over it … hahaha… we have to continue with our own existence independent of the happens, we have to get the bad things over and overcome to the adversity… wow… it was a deep thought.

8 comments:

  1. I'll have to check them on Youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But don't worry! All the bands one day meet again, maybe for money, jajaja. Don't lose the hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if they came again you should go anyway... i don't know this band and, I will search for them to listen

    ReplyDelete
  4. The academy is...out :(
    Sorry Inguer, that must be too hard...If AC DC came to Chile in a few years I'd definitely go to see them. They're the best!!!
    I love thunderstruck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is sad when people take different ways, but like you said ..we have to continue with our existence

    ReplyDelete
  6. i didn't know this band, i'm going to listen the academy is...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry!
    I prefer the old school. The classics are the classics and are inmortals!

    ReplyDelete